пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

condo rental sanibel




After the week with Lisa, some questions have arisen in my mind. Since I was eight I was raised by my Uncle...at least officially by my Uncle, it was my cousin who actually had more of a hand in making sure I didnapos;t go completely off the rails. I know just about all there is to know about the Khan family, even a little about the Owens family, my Motherapos;s side.

As for the Nottapos;s...apart from my father and myself, I know nothing about them. No history, no origins, no idea even what the family motto is, though Iapos;m sure we have one, I can vaguely remember it from childhood...though itapos;s all rather blurry.

I sigh and Apparate to Fatherapos;s farm house and knock on his door. Itapos;s time to do something about my own ignorance.

Father opens the door, his face warm and welcoming. "Theo What a surprise. Come in. Iapos;m glad to see you."


"I actually came for some information, Father...itapos;s come to my attention that I donapos;t know much about my own heritage. I know well enough Motherapos;s side, and I know more than Iapos;d care to about the Khanapos;s...at best I have vague memories from childhood when it comes to my own name."

"Let me get this straight. You want to know about my family? The ancient origins, or the more recent ones?"

"Both. Itapos;s my family too," I point out. "I may not agree with the ideas of pureblood supremacy but thatapos;s not saying I canapos;t be proud of my name."

"All right. You ever read Beowulf? You know about the Vikings who came to England around 500 AD? Those were our people. We came through the King Canute. Canute became Knott, then Nott. We settled in Derby and Nottingham. Thatapos;s the old stuff. Personally, I am the youngest and only son of three children. Both my sisters were quite a bit older than I am. My one sister is in Australia; she must be close to ninety. The younger sister, Bernadine, had an accident shortly after she left Hogwarts. She was fighting with my eldest sister, Katherine--who must have been about 21 at the time. Over a wizard, if I remember the story, but Katherine was 17 years older than I am, and Bernadine just three years younger than her. So I donapos;t remember them well. But Bernadine was killed accidentally by spell damage when those two quarrelled. That was when Katherine decided to move to Australia. Mother and Father said theyapos;d never forgive her. They were left with just me. I was bright and bookish, but they were fiercely overprotective of me. The more they kept me from getting hurt, the more I lost myself in their library, finding all the dark magic books I could find and reading about dark magical history. They didnapos;t care what I read--just didnapos;t want to lose their last child. When I got to Hogwarts, I had a roommate, Tom Riddle. You know what that did. He liked that I was a pure blood and could tell him so much about Dark Magical history. He didnapos;t like me, didnapos;t like anyone but himself, but I was useful to him. But Mother and Father were ashamed of me for joining Voldemort. I donapos;t blame them. They were old as well ... When I was in my twenties, they reconciled with Katherine and moved to Australia with her. As far as I know, they are still alive. Must be 120 though." Father stops and thinks a moment. "Motherapos;s name was Eurydice Tamara Crouch Nott. Father was Thaddeus Augustus Nott. I think Motherapos;s Mother was a Potter and Fatherapos;s Mother was an Avery."

I flinch to think of myself being related to the Potterapos;s in any way shape or form but thatapos;s just one small part of a huge influx of information. I have...or had, two aunts, only one now survives, the other killed by her own sister...and... "Wait Beowulf? King Canute? The one who tried to stop the waves?" I always thought those who were King were nutters and should never be trusted with power. "Do we have a motto, Father?"

He sighs. "Solus mini invidus obstaculum--In solace divided, envyapos;s obstacle."

"I think it made more sense in Latin," I murmur, half amused, half bewildered. "Though Lisa will be relieved itapos;s not so horrifying as my Uncleapos;s."
condo rental sanibel, condo rental sandpoint schweitzer vacation, condo rental sandestin, condo rental san diego california.



Комментариев нет: